Good deal on Dual SSR & how to use them

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

scott06903

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I am finishing up building a BCS 460 based panel and I came across what I consider a good deal on Ebay. It is a dual 50 Amp SSR made by Teledyne, not a Chinese knockoff. I am using 2 of these to control 2 pumps and 2 elements. I have it configured with an element on one line and a pump on the other line. With 23amps for a 5500 watt element (@100%) and 1.4amps for the pump combined max amperage is less than half of the rated amperage. The input signals are supplied via a 4 pin wafer connector so wring these up is simple and saves space.

I have a third dual ssr controlling 2 independent outlets between my serving refrigerator and fermentation fridge. This allows me to use a multi conductor security system wire from the BSC to carry gnd and +5 for temp probes, gnd for leg1 and 2 as well as the +5 that triggers each fridge.

DSC_0071.jpg

DSC_0081.jpg

Below is a link to the e-bay seller, I told him that I would post here and he agreed to offer a discount to anyone that I sent his way. Put the word Beer in the subject line if you contact him and he should give some discount, not sure how much. He is listing them for $15 each, that breaks down to $7.50 per SSR as these are dual. That's about what the Chinese ones cost direct from China.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/TELEDYNE-SD...363?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item4acdc65623

Scott

Back