Good Brews for the Fall

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fayderek14

Reaction score
So I haven't brewed anything now for about 3 months and im getting quite antsy to brew real soon. Figured since fall is just around the corner here in Boston I would brew something that would be nice for the fall. Maybe even a cider. Does anyone have any recipes or sugestions?

I am also deciding what to brew for the fall...so far i might do a clone of sierra navada's Tumbler or a apple ale...can never go wrong with a pumpkin ale either

I was considering pumpkin but I'm not sure what to use for the flavor.

There is literally a thread identical to this about 8 threads down, just sayin :mug: and there are a ton of replies to it. Happy hunting!

After a brewing hiatus, sometimes it's good to brew something that will be ready in a hurry. Then you will have something to drink while you brew beers that will take longer to ferment and condition.

http://beerandwinejournal.com/quickly-maturing-ale/

Chris Colby
Editor
beerandwinejournal.com

This. And of course I like a darker beer in the fall and one with a bit more mouthfeel and flavor. Stouts, porters, IIPAs, Oktoberfest (obviously). Had you more time, I'd recommend RIS, Old Ale, Barleywine, etc. You *could* do a lighter in alcohol version of those that can be sampled younger of course...

Honestly I like a nice brown ale any time of year, but fall is especially nice. Planning to brew Janet's Brown ale pretty soon.

Homercidal said:
+1 on Janet's Brown. Probably the best brown ale I've had, and I've only made one batch! Gotta put that back on list of beers to make.

Where might one find this delicious recipe?

Where might one find this delicious recipe?

Its in BCS (Brewing Classic Styles) by Jamil Zainasheff.

A web search will yield lots of results also. Here is MoreBeer's link: http://morebeer.com/search?search=janets+brown+ale

If you check the ingredient sheets for either the extract or AG (depending on which you prefer), you can see the recipe.

Austin Homebrew Supply also sells it and offers free shipping and even a partial mash option. I may save myself a lot of time and effort and just order the AHS PM.

*Edit - beat me to it Homercidal! :D

Back