Good 80-quart Cooler On-line?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

monkeybox

Reaction score
I have a cheap 44-quart Igloo cooler mashtun for batch sparging, and it's served me well for my 5-gallon batches. However, now that I've moved to 10 gallon batches, I'm finding that I'm right around the limit, and usually just under.

I'd like to do an 80-quart cooler, but I need recommendations. I've been happy with my rectangular cooler, but I'd love to go with something that's deeper rather than wider. Does Igloo make an 80-quart (if so, where do you find it)? Does igloo make a "cube" that big (and if so, where's the drain)?

I also prefer to order online when possible. Any recommendations for a mashtun for 10-gallon batches?

I have a cheap 44-quart Igloo cooler mashtun for batch sparging, and it's served me well for my 5-gallon batches. However, now that I've moved to 10 gallon batches, I'm finding that I'm right around the limit, and usually just under.

I'd like to do an 80-quart cooler, but I need recommendations. I've been happy with my rectangular cooler, but I'd love to go with something that's deeper rather than wider. Does Igloo make an 80-quart (if so, where do you find it)? Does igloo make a "cube" that big (and if so, where's the drain)?

I also prefer to order online when possible. Any recommendations for a mashtun for 10-gallon batches?

A 70 quart Extreme cooler works for me on big beer batches.

For my lighter recipes I used a 40 quart igloo, no problems at all.

pb

Back