Going "Regal" :D

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gitruih

Reaction score
Well at least that's the name of the recipe that I found :) made some adjustments as it's from the book published around 1950 and because I'm done trying to find exact ingedients :D
Recipe:
  1. 3kg of honey. I got it from local beekepers so it's mix of wildflower and buckweat. It's darker than normal, but very nice;
  2. 12 L of spring water;
  3. few handfuls of "Jeronimo" leaves. It's this thing Pelargonium;
  4. half a glass of hops (I went with bit more than half a cup). Never used it before no clue what it's for;
  5. handfull of linden flowers;
  6. few leaves of wild strawberries. Unfortunately they are not in season so I used mix of wild strawberries and raspberries tea that we prepared at home about a year ago for when you have a cold;
  7. Lalvin K1-V1116 (decided not to use bricks of wet yeast);
  8. Glass of (each) Strawberry, Raspberry, Cranberry, Red Currant, Black Currant juices. Funily enough this appeared to be almost impossible to find :D If I got lucky and found some juices they are full of preservatives, sugars and other crap I don't need so I decided to go easy way and just got myself 3kg of summer fruit mix from Asda (strawberries, red and black currants, raspberries and blackberries) :)
Now these are not in the recipe, but I added according to TOSNA 3.0:
5 g GO-Ferm and 11g of Fermaid O

Got myself 17L of nice berry tasting honey water (OG 1.056) :D

Back