Going electric for brewing and distilling. Anvil foundry + Turbo 500?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TandemTails

Reaction score
I currently brew with a 2 vessel system using propane (mash tun + BK, 10 gallons each) and had distilled on a converted 1/2bbl keg also using propane.

We're getting solar installed at the house so i'm more inclined to switch to electric for both brewing and distilling since the energy will essentially be free. I was looking at the Anvil foundry 10.5 gallon system and noticed there are some distilling attachments as well.

I really only distill for brandy and whisky so i don't need much as far as reflux goes, so a simple pot still style condenser would be fine. I saw this copper dome attachment that fits on the anvil system and then this basic pot still condenser which attaches to that.

Has anyone had experience with this setup, or one similar? Apparnetly the condenser screws onto the dome but i'm wondering if there's something similar but using 1.5" TC fittings? It might make it a little more future-proofed if that's the case.

It'll work as is with the screw on. I'm not sure about converting to triclamps, but do it if you can.

A better idea: convert your old distilling keg to electric! A keg is one of the best boilers for hobbyists. Put a triclamp fitting near the bottom for the element and you're set.

That dome and condenser are pretty nice. You can also get a reflux column that fits that dome, should you ever want one.

Brew on :mug:

Back