Giing to try to "tweak" a wheat beer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NYShooterGuy

Reaction score
I have an extract kit ( http://www.northernbrewer.com/shop/american-wheat-beer-extract-kit.html) that I want to emulate Sam Adams Cherry Wheat from. I have 5oz. Cherry extract to add at bottling and was thinking of adding some frozen cherries to the last 5 minutes of the boil.

Other then that I have no ideas. Comment, suggestions, and concerns are gladly welcome.

Thanks for the input!

I made a cherry stout extract kit from them once. The cherry extract completely ruined the beer for me, Tasted like cherry cough syrup added in. I'd go with frozen!
I've made a cherry wheat using cherrys off the tree in my yard. This was the first and only time I've ever done a secondary, rack on top of the fruit. Turned out great. At very least taste the extract before you put it in your beer.

I used 4 oz of cherry extract from MoreBeer (most likely) to a 4.8 gal honey wheat recipe I came up with and despite not caring for cherry or wheat beer this was quite good. I brewed it for SWMBO but drank the lion's share.

This is a southern Germany style traditional Wiezen, with wheat malt for a soft flavor. I'm hoping the cherry doesn't change this for the worst.

Latest posts

Back