getting 10 gallon batches into fermentors

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JakeSparrow

Reaction score
Hey there, another quick question. I'm gonna be doing 10g BIAB batches, and I wanted to know how to get the wort into the fermentors. I know one safe option is using a pump but financially I cannot really do that. What are some other ways to get the wort into the buckets from my 20g kettle? The burner Im buying doesnt come with a stand option, but I heard stacking it on cinderblocks or bricks works as a makeshift elevation. Any tips?

If a pump i snot in the budget, gravity is your only friend then. Get it up on the air, workbench, table, etc. Of course a metal top would be preferred.

Hey there, another quick question. I'm gonna be doing 10g BIAB batches, and I wanted to know how to get the wort into the fermentors. I know one safe option is using a pump but financially I cannot really do that. What are some other ways to get the wort into the buckets from my 20g kettle? The burner Im buying doesnt come with a stand option, but I heard stacking it on cinderblocks or bricks works as a makeshift elevation. Any tips?

Get this pump. It's cheap and food grade and works perfectly for moving liquid around in a brew system. I use it as my sole pump while brewing, which includes a continuous 60 minute RIMS mash.

Cost effectiveness says get some sturdy cinder/cement blocks and get that baby up a bit.

Thanks guys, looks like that cheap pump is what I'm looking for, Ill have to find some info or videos on how to get it set up. In the meantime I'll definitely use the gravity approach, course I'll have to exercise caution hahah.

Back