German Lager X - available yet?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Braufessor

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I know WLP835 German Lager X is due to be released as a Jan/Feb Platinum strain....... Has anyone seen it available yet at any homebrew stores - preferably midwest store for shipping. One of my favorite yeasts and would like to order it to brew some Lagers as soon as it is available. Thanks.

I have no idea where it is from....... I just know that I made some great beers with it, and am really hoping to get a helles in the fermenter ASAP with it, rather than using 2124. This is what the description says:

Classic yeast from a famous Bavarian monastery. This strain develops a creamy, malty beer profile with low sulfur production and low esters. It is a great choice for styles like traditional Helles, Oktoberfest, Bock, and Dunkel.
Attenuation : 70-76%

I'm pretty sure it's from Andechs. If you can't get it, I believe the closest thing available would be the Ayinger strain, WLP 833.

Yep - I know my LHBS placed an order for some. I am sure it will probably show up most places at the end of the week or the beginning of next week. Got a Helles just waiting to be brewed:)

I messed up and ordered 830 instead of 835 and it was too late to make a change before it shipped. Oh and they didn't have it anyways, must of had a communication breakdown.

Back