G'day from Australia

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Punx

Reaction score
Hey all, Punx here.

Moved into AG brewing after a few kits last year and am loving it. I love shiny things and tech bits that go with brewing and am tossing up between a few big shiny 3V systems. Please excuse the n00b questions.

HI, Welcome! I think we all have an infatuation for big shiny brewing tools.
Are there more local hops there other than pride of ringwood? I made a recipe for an Aussie Amber but since pride of ringwoood was hard to find here at the time i had to use Pacific jade (new Zealand)
not really a true Aussie amber...but it turned out fantastic Ive brewed it about 4 times now.

PoR is really the only true Australian hops, but most serious home brewers here spurn it in favour of other hops that aren't used in making the bland, watery lagers that most of Australia's breweries crank out but the bucketload.
We're seeing a surge of interest in the Cascade/Citra/Amarillo hops, as well as Nelson Sauvin (from over the ditch in NZ) and a few others.

sounds great, are you able to make big beers (high Gravity) with the BIAB method? I have never tried that type of brewing. is it pretty efficient? Looks like you will have a good pipeline going doing 2-3 beers every 2 weeks. I used to brew that often but...unfortunately I cannot anymore.

High gravity isn't really possible with BIAB, and there's a bunch of conjecture by 3V brewers over here as to whether it's actually "real" brewing or not. Snobbery's big over here.
Looking forward to trying 3V brewing though, and I'm leaning towards a Sabco Brew-Magic.

Latest posts

Back