Future brewer?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

biochemedic

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I figured I'd share this here...my son (2 1/2 yrs) was playing yesterday...and was taking a glass of water and putting it on his toy grill...he then proceeds to tell SWMBO "I'm making beer!"

SWMBO was kind of pissed...I on the other hand thought it was pretty hysterical (and was kind of proud... :sniff:) I, very wisely, I think, kept my feelings on the matter to myself.....

yeah, seriously, what is the big deal from SWMBO? it's not like he's going to start drinking now. i would also be a proud papa!

That's silly; you can't brew with just a HLT.

Next time he does it, give him another glass with filled with some cereal and water (for a MLT), then give him an empty glass (for a BK). I guess a March pump isn't exactly rated for his age group, but maybe give him a spoon to ladle from one glass to the other. And if you don't teach him the importance of making a proper starter for the yeast, I my have to call Child Services. Don't even get me started on proper fermentation temperatures. This kid doesn't know what he's in for. Can he pronounce "autolysis" ? Sound it out now...

HA! That's awesome! "I'm making meth" would have been a cause for alarm, I think. My 1 and 3 year olds are always interested but I haven't seen them making beer in their kitchen yet.

my boy is also 2.5 and I we brewed his first batch a few weeks ago. I'd picked up some simple extract kits during the AHS sale so I let him stir some and add the hops. My wife doesn't mind my boy growing up around beer and we're on the same page on the subject so she thought it was a nice activity to do together. It's not like we're getting trashed on the weekends together....yet:D

Latest posts

Back