Funk weapon #2 request

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jfolks

Reaction score
Does anyone have any viable funk weapon #2 they could ship me? (Bootleg biology is out). I'm in Portland, Oregon - willing to trade beers, ECY dirty dozen, lambic culture, or just simply pay for shipping. Thanks all!

I spoke with Jeff at bootleg biology at NHC last week and he said #2 will be back up later this month!

i actually found some at High Gravity home brew shop. little expensive at $11, but too late to cancel now.

Nice! Please post and let us know the production date (hope it isn't terribly old!

package date 3/17. not fresh, but not terribly old. brett seems to hang around alot longer than sach. will put it on a starter for a week and see what happens.

dont suppose anybody has any right now that they can share/swap?

So I bought some from B.B. and all three FW cultures SUCKED. DO NOT WASTE YOUR TIME AND MONEY ON THESE STRAINS! I told BB about the issue, and they sent me a care package with a bunch of free yeast - which was cool. But still, all three FWs made really bad 100% Brett beers. Straight up chemical poison tasting.

That’s good to hear. I just don’t understand why all three made such similar off-flavor forward beer. I really liked MF blend, solera 17, and sour P

That’s good to hear. I just don’t understand why all three made such similar off-flavor forward beer. I really liked MF blend, solera 17, and sour P
Oh yeah, I forgot I also just used Sour Weapon P for the first time in my sour orange creamsicle. I freaking love that pedio for quick co-pitched sours.

I had very good results with all my BB yeasts. I have used all three FWs, in 100% brett, and mixed fermentations.

Back