Fundraising for My Dog

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

DonH

Reaction score
Hello HBT community! I normally dont do this type of thing but it saddens me to say that my 9 year old Pug, Hercules, has suffered nerve loss in his back legs. This was due to a spine injury caused by a jump off the wood deck at home. He still is mobile (thank god) but its painful to watch. His little back legs drag ever so slowly. Im trying to raise half the funds to get his surgery done which can repair up to 95% of the damage and restore his ability to walk normal and even run around. My family and I would Like to thank you for taking the time to look and would greatly appreciate any sort of donation.

Follow the Link here for donation
Surgery For Beloved Pug by Donald Hampton - GoFundMe

Thank you so much,

Don

^^^ This is why you get pet insurance.

Best of luck to you!! Id help but we just had a surgery yesterday for one of our dogs.

^^^ This is why you get pet insurance.

Best of luck to you!! Id help but we just had a surgery yesterday for one of our dogs.

I know :(

If you could share on facebook if you have one that would be awesome

I want to thank those who have shared/donated. thank you so very much. Far from my goal but Im sure I can get there!

We just went thru the same thing. $6500! Dog is now doing very well. Have you gone thru the cortisone treatments? That worked for our other dog, been a year with no return of symptoms.

We just went thru the same thing. $6500! Dog is now doing very well. Have you gone thru the cortisone treatments? That worked for our other dog, been a year with no return of symptoms.

Yes we did, He was on steroid treatments for about 2 weeks and was doing ok, the cortisone worked but to minimal amounts as well. Doc says surgery is a must

I'd like to hear all about this from people who have it and have used it.

We use Pet Plan. Used it for a knee surgery, three tumor removal surgeries plus chemo treatment for one dog, Dosia. For our other dog Bridger, we've used it for TPLO procedures on both of his knees. We've saved well over $15k and our dogs always get immediate treatment when something happnes. We are huge dog people with no kids so it's a no brainer for us.

They will not provide for pre-existing conditions. You need to have a vet do an exam for the application process. If your dog has had minor issues with a knee or back but is currently healthy I would suggest you go to a new or different vet to do this so there is no record of any injury. We pay something like $1,000 in premiums a year, but that's for three dogs. The deductible is $300 per incident.

IDK about the dog, but those 6 day steroid packs made me feel 21 again! I love steroids. A couple years ago our black lab Max needed leg surgery. $,3000! He died of old age anyway, like 14.

IDK about the dog, but those 6 day steroid packs made me feel 21 again! I love steroids. A couple years ago our black lab Max needed leg surgery. $,3000! He died of old age anyway, like 14.

Man thats horrible. He still has ALOT of life in him... acts as a puppy yet cant move like one :(

just wanting to bump and share. all help is appreciated

anyone else feeling generous? We could really use the help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back