Fun Game: SWMBO Guesses Brew Terms

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ilan34

Reaction score
We have a dry erase board in our kitchen that we usually use for shopping lists or to do lists.

I decided to do something more entertaining. Every day (or at least until she gets sick of it), I'm going to put up a brewing or beer related term that I'm fairly certain she's not familiar with and she's going to put up her creative semi-educated guess.

We're going on day three. Attached are the first two days.

1391537275081.jpg

1391537312530.jpg

I like the idea, but I want to know if there's some explanation to the terms when she guesses wrong. I try to offer bits of brewing knowledge to my wife, but I'm usually reminded that she has no interest by the glazed look on her face.

I've offered to explain, but she said she'd rather believe in her own explanations, lol! I, too, have been on the receiving end of the glazed over stare.

I'm sure if she's curious enough, she'll actually ask. Today's term was "horse blanket," so I have a feeling she might ask about that one.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Home Brew mobile app

My girlfriend has been showing more interest in learning about brewing lately. It's pretty cool. She just wants to be able to understand what I'm talking about if I'm blathering on about brewing with a friend or we're on a brewery tour.

Oh yeah, for a non brewer, she can hold her own no problem. She's just not going to get into the nitty gritty - too nerdy for her.

I don't want to upstage your wife but what the hell is horse blanket. It sounds like something I would use to keep my manhood warm.

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

Horse blanket is a fairly common aroma descriptor when it comes to beers brewed with Brett - from what I understand. I've never had a Brett beer.

Your wife is pretty creative. I quiz my girlfriend about brewing things and she rattles off 'water, grain, hops, yeast' as fast as she can.

Horse blanket is a fairly common aroma descriptor when it comes to beers brewed with Brett - from what I understand. I've never had a Brett beer.

Ya know that REALLY does describe Brett, I mean straight up smells like a saddle blanket, not sure if the term is supposed to be that literal or not. I never could place that smell before until now. It's one of those..."ya know I've smelt that before" things.

Anyway, keep e'm coming OP, freakin hilarious!

Mom... Yeasties... She's definitely heard me say that.

1392310074836.jpg

When I put this one up, she asked me "is that really a thing??"

1392372947871.jpg

Hah! You know what, we did, but it took a while.

Back