Fuggles for Williamette? 911

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nicegut

Reaction score
Hello all. Just started the boil for 10 gal of rasp/apricot wheat. Have my Hallerteau Hersbrucker for bittering, but just opened my Williamette and they are not bright green and fresh, but a little on the brownish/greyish? side of things and don't have a good aroma. Its not bad, but not what I would expect from a fresh hop. the color difference is night and day, got the Williamette at the local HBS and the other is from an online vendor who clearly moves much more product. (thanks Steelers77) What can I substitute with. I have some fuggles,

Cool, thanks for the millisecond reply. Just don't want to ruin a big batch. Just fought a huge boil over and lost the battle and about 1 oz of hops and 1 gallon of wort. Just chucked an extra ounce of Mittlefruh (sp?) in. Should be cool though. Time to look for a bigger boil kettle. ;)

Latest posts

Back