• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeBrewTalk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Pennsylvania FS: Blichmann Burners, HopRocket, Therminator, Stout SS Conical and more

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

717brewer

Reaction score
Hi everybody, sorry my first post is a for sale thread. I can assure I've been lurking here for years learning things and finding recipes. I've worked at the LHBS here in Lancaster so if you are local maybe you have met me before. I am downsizing my brewery and going back to school so I'd like to sell some things to pay down some credit card bills. As I said I am located in Lancaster, PA and at this point would prefer local pickup, I am more than willing to drive to meet someone to help deliver this stuff but would like to keep it sort of close. If nothing sells I'd consider shipping the HopRocket and Therminator since they are small but I don't want to deal with shipping burners, carboys, etc. I'd love to make this simple so if anyone wants to buy everything or multiple items I'll give a nice discount.
14798665477_2be9dbce56_b.jpg

First up is 2 Blichman Burners with leg extensions, I probably had half a dozen brews on these before I switched to electric. There is a little surface rust on the burner itself but I'm sure that would burn off as soon as its fired up. I'll also include another burner I got at a local restaurant supply store before I got the Blichmann's, its more rusty but again I'm sure if you fired it up it would clean up. The Blichmann's were $350 new and the other burner was like $80 or so, together I'd like to get $350.
14984814212_1bb203b19e_b.jpg

14985169325_da71b6a9ba_b.jpg

14798445639_69f1f705fd_b.jpg

14985135355_eb56b76722_b.jpg

(also included are the original floor mount legs)
14984840682_d4f1975e19_b.jpg

(sorry for the blurry picture, I can take more if interested)
14962144266_09ddff9fef_b.jpg

Then we have two MoreBeer kettles, one a mash tun and the other a HLT that I used for a HERMS coil. The HLT is obviously been taken apart so I'm not asking anything for that, the mash tun with the screen I'd like to get $75. The HLT had a 25' coil in it from stainlessbrewing.com so if you got another one you could probably fit it back in, and add two ball valves in the other holes. I forgot to take a pic but I do have the thermometer for the HLT.
14984794012_1ee23d8da5_b.jpg

14984790292_8cf4b8188f_b.jpg

14984787262_9214b2018a_b.jpg

14798534458_bf0852493d_b.jpg

14798514420_dd0bfe9f35_b.jpg

Then there is a Stout SS 7.3gal Conical. Not much to say about this other than it has served me well but I'm going to be doing smaller batches so its a bit overkill. It has tri clover fittings and silicone gaskets so it is very easy to clean. These were a little over $300 new so I'd like to get $250 for this one.
14798594248_ecb065818d_b.jpg

14984805812_cbf07b110d_b.jpg

14985160695_48034cdfab_b.jpg

14962161956_89a8cc3fcb_b.jpg

14982106351_df81df8acd_b.jpg

Then we have a HopRocket with the Blichmann quick connectors. I used this a few times to put on a kegged IPA and more often in front of the Therminator to add some hop flavor/aroma. This I'd like to get $100.
14985195365_a6608355fd_b.jpg

Then a Blichmann Therminator also with quick connectors. This thing works very well but again I will be scaling my batches down so it is a bit overkill and I may go back to an immersion chiller. There is a slight dent on it but it has never effected its operation. During winter it will take a 5 gallon batch to pitching temp in 5-10 minutes and just a few weeks ago with summer water it was 10-15 minutes but it will still surely beat an immersion chiller. I never mounted it with the bracket but it is included. In the previous picture you can also see the easy flush, or whatever it is called from Blichmann, I never actually used it as I just used the line from my faucet to the water out connection when I was done cooling but its included. I'd like $150 for this.
14984833482_74a72d5e91_b.jpg

Then finally we have some carboys, a 5 gallon glass, and 2 plastic 6 gallons. As I've said I will be doing smaller batches so these are bigger than I need. Theres not a huge market for these so I'm asking $25 for these. One of the 6 gallon plastic carboys has some scratches because it was my first carboy and I didn't know you could just soak it in PBW and avoid a brush, but I was just going to use it as my sour/brett carboy and not worry about it.
14982077541_eee192d265_b.jpg

14982080821_cc7175e388_b.jpg

14798501339_d75107cfb5_b.jpg

So that should be everything. As I said I will knock some money off if anyone is willing to buy it all together. To save you some time all those together is $950, I'd gladly take $800 if someone is willing to buy everything together. As I said earlier I am in Lancaster and can drive, within reason, to help facilitate a sale. Let me know if you have any questions or would like more pictures. Thanks for looking!

Alright so I've hopefully responded to all the PM's, theres been some interest in most of the pieces which is great, no one has expressed interest in the whole package yet. As I was telling people over PM's I'd like to give it a little bit of time to see if anyone wants to take everything to make it easier to deal with and then I'll start splitting things up. So far the only thing that hasn't been asked about is the Stout Conical so if anyone is interested in that shoot me an offer and maybe it will make the decision to split things up a little easier. The interest in the burners hasn't included the little burner (which I sort of assumed) so how about $275 for the Blichmann's with both sets of legs included, or $300 with the small burner. And if it helps I'll drop the price of the package deal down to $750.

And then to answer a few questions that I've received. The Mash Tun and HLT are both 10 gallon SS kettles, I used them to make pretty big 5 gallon batches, you could probably make a session 10 gallon batch or 7.5 gallon, but it may be tricky. I found some various fittings that I will include with the HLT, 2 1/2" barbs, a 1/4" barb, some 90 degree elbows, and then some random parts of a weldless valve kit but not everything. I really thought I had the thermometer for the HLT but I can't for the life of me find it, I did find a SS weldless plug for it so you could either use that or buy another thermometer.
14802855378_51b823743f_b.jpg

Then I also found some things for the HopRocket, 3 3/16" (or maybe they are 1/4" but I put 3/16" line on) barbs for using in between a keg and the faucet. Then I also have a nylon bag that I used to put hops in to help filter the wort before the Therminator.
14802858228_f7ecfc6a61_b.jpg

Then I forgot to take these pictures of the Stout Conical, one of the little plastic end pieces broke on the 'arm', it in no way effects the operation but I taped it back in place to make picking it up a little easier. I also put tape on the body where it meets the tank to avoid scratching the tank and to stop it from moving around. Any interest at $225?
14989101562_2515de70f0_b.jpg

14802909367_658be245b6_b.jpg

So like I said let me know if theres any interest, especially in everything together. If there isn't any by the end of the weekend I'll split it up and let people know who have expressed interest. Thanks again for looking.

I need another Blichmann burner or two: ship to MN?

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

Please let me know if the mash tun and the hot liquor tanks are still available.

Thanks,

Tom

Sorry I haven't updated this thread, been a little busy since I put this up. The Therminator and Hop Rocket have been sold and shipped, the floor burners and kettles are pending finding a time to meet up with some semi locals. If anyone is interested in the conical let me know, had a little bit of interest but nothing final yet. If anyone wants the little burner let me know, that is soon to be thrown out so if any people local would like it its all yours. I think I'll be going to the Lititz beer festival at the end of the month if anyone was planning on going and was interested in the conical or small burner that could work out.

Do you ever come toward Allentown? I'll look into this conical, Its not exactly what I've been looking for. But I'll see if it can work for me. give me a text four four 3 too eight siix fife one too fore. I'll look into the design in the mean time.

Looks like the 7.3gallon is not really going to work for me. Good luck though!

Hey guys, haven't been on in a while to update things but got a notification this morning... Pretty much everything is sold or on hold for the moment. Sadly I think I may have to sell off my homebrew stuff as I'm going to be moving soon. :(

I'll try to go through some back PM's that I haven't responded to yet tonight and I may put up another thread with my other stuff. Thanks for all the interest in the stuff so far though:tank:

Latest posts

Back