fruit extract-how much to add?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jetski33

Reaction score
I am on my 5th batch of beer so very new.just brewed my first fruit extract beer. When the time comes to add my raspberry extract how much do i add? It is a 4 ounce bottle and says to add what you desire-how do i know that? I dont like a overpowering flavor,just a kiss of fruit. I also dont know what i would do with the leftover since as a newbie i wouldnt know what it would go with as a partner on other beers. Other than that i have have great success with my first 3 batches that i have tasted-i figured i would have at least screwed up my first batch but came out great. Its going in a raspberry wheat beer kit.Thanks to anyone for weighing in!

i've done a raspberry wheat twice and used 1 oz in each batch. It was enough without overpowering the beer. May be able to bump it up some, but the first batch with 1 oz was good enough, so I stuck with that the second time.

Latest posts

Back