friut flavor beer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ejr

Reaction score
im making some brewers best american light beer im just starting ; i got some brewers best apple flavor that says 2oz per 5 gal can i use this just before bottling on like 1 case using 1 oz. ive got experience winemaking but none beer would this give it a good apple flavor?

I've placed most of my fruit in the secondary, only once did I use a flavoring. The last time I made an apple beer I added the apples to secondary then instead of using priming sugar when I bottled I placed an apple slice in the bottle. Great taste and carbonation.

I've used that product before. I added the recomended amount and didn't have any apple flavor at all. Might try 3 oz. Like BobC says, I'm going to use real apples next time around.

the bottle is 4oz, would it hurt to just pour it into the secoendary fermenter i just changed everything to the carboy yesterday for 2 weeks.dont guess it could ruin it?

You might have better luck that way. I didn't do a secondary. I added it straight to the keg.

Latest posts

Back