Freshcraft

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hernando

Reaction score
People in Denver:

Please do not give your business to Freshcraft at 1530 Blake Ste #A, Denver, CO 80202. I was there this weekend with my family. I was told to give up our seats for some brewers. I told her that I did not think this was fair and explained why. Normally, we would have immediately left after being treated like that, but my brother in law just ordered and paid for our drinks. Once inside, the waitress did apologize to me again. I calmly and tactfully expressed my feelings of how unpatronizing this was and that regardless of who comes inthe door, people should be treated equally. After 10 minutes and after finally getting our drinks, one of the owners came over to me and took my drink out of my hand then violently pushed me out the door yelling profanities and I was told it was because Iwas rude to his staff. My wife told the same owner, that she was there and I hadn’t done anything. The owner, who was drunk, then yelled at my wife and told her that she "can get the “f” out too".

These actions were uncalled for and unjustified. I was not belligerent nor disrespectful. It was a very delayed over reaction and If he had a problem with us he could have asked us to leave and we would have. The physical pushing and rudeness was extremely unnecessary.

This is a patronage based business; so please let's not encourage this type of owner and business!

Confused; have always had stellar experiences ay this place, and in my experience the owner is a nice guy.

Not taking sides, but surely there must be a detail that we're missing. I can't imagine what would cause them to act like this. Regardless of their justification, it is certainly unacceptable to treat guests like this, and I'd like to know more about this.

I would have delivered a pint glass to his temple if he put his hands on me without just cause.

Yes I understand, it is my word against theirs. Not much I can really do about that. Was I upset I had to give up our tables, yes. Was I rude or ignorant about it, no.

This was my first time visiting this place after going to Euclid Hall. My BIL tried to talk to the guy afterwards and nobody could find him; after having the staff look for him for 5 minutes he came out to talk to my BIL. My BIL noticed he was drunk and while my BIL was trying to explain what I had said and that there are two sides to the story, he said he didn't care and that is the end of the conversation. I had read that this place was a good and friendly place on the reviews and was really looking forward to trying it.

I can honestly say I did NOTHING to deserve that and was respectful to the waitress. Thank you for taking the time to read this.

Hello, I am the owner of Freshcraft. I came here to say that the portrayal of this incident by Hernando is not in any way accurate. Our restaurant was at full capacity and he had seated himself at a large table that another party had been waiting a significant amount of time for. After being asked to move by the hostess (not a waitress) he became belligerent and used multiple profanities at the hostess, including verbal personal attacks which reduced her to tears. This is why he was removed from our establishment. All who treat our employees and establishment with respect are welcome here. I sincerely hope that the rest of you will continue to patronize Freshcraft - we do our best to provide friendly service on a daily basis. This will be my only reply in this thread.

eatingpopcorn.gif

One story sounds a lot more likely to be true than the other. Sometimes customers feel entitled to above average consideration but everyone in the place is spending money too. Of course, I don't know what the hell I'm talking about.

Hello, I am the owner of Freshcraft. I came here to say that the portrayal of this incident by Hernando is not in any way accurate. Our restaurant was at full capacity and he had seated himself at a large table that another party had been waiting a significant amount of time for. After being asked to move by the hostess (not a waitress) he became belligerent and used multiple profanities at the hostess, including verbal personal attacks which reduced her to tears. This is why he was removed from our establishment.

I was not using profanity let alone being belligerent. That is the story you heard from your hostess without hearing my side of the story. Even if one was being rude there is no reason to physically shove a person out the door. Perhaps you should try to figure out what the problem is and get two sides to the story. An there was no reason for my wife to be cussed at. what so ever. This sir is bad business there is no way around that.

I was not using profanity let alone being belligerent. That is the story you heard from your hostess without hearing my side of the story. Even if one was being rude there is no reason to physically shove a person out the door. Perhaps you should try to figure out what the problem is and get two sides to the story. An there was no reason for my wife to be cussed at. what so ever. This sir is bad business there is no way around that.

Is that a backpedal? It sounds like a backpedal. Regardless of who said what to who, if you lay your hands on me you must taste my pimp hand.

Regardless of who said what to who, if you lay your hands on me you must taste my pimp hand.

this.

it may not be the strongest pimp hand, but god help me you will taste it. atleast once before you kick my ass

I started to have something to say until I realized this happened in Denver, and Ive never been there...

Is that a backpedal? It sounds like a backpedal. Regardless of who said what to who, if you lay your hands on me you must taste my pimp hand.

Backpedal, absolutely not. I am standing by what I said and what happened. Simply saying if a person was using profanity, there is no reason to physically remove a person the way I was. Pimphand was full and never gets used.

Hello, I am the owner of Freshcraft. I came here to say that the portrayal of this incident by Hernando is not in any way accurate. Our restaurant was at full capacity and he had seated himself at a large table that another party had been waiting a significant amount of time for. After being asked to move by the hostess (not a waitress) he became belligerent and used multiple profanities at the hostess, including verbal personal attacks which reduced her to tears. This is why he was removed from our establishment. All who treat our employees and establishment with respect are welcome here. I sincerely hope that the rest of you will continue to patronize Freshcraft - we do our best to provide friendly service on a daily basis. This will be my only reply in this thread.

C'mon -- finish what you guys started. I wanna see a live slug-fest. Both of you appear to have acted way out of line and now I wants to see some blood...

What would it take for both parties here to buy and sell beer with each other again? Sounds to me like tempers flared higher than normally would have, and if I were a betting man Id say both parties would have done things differently if they had it to do over.

Seems a shame for Hernando to lose a place to hoist a few good ones and for the proprieter to lose customer(s) over a few minutes of hot-headedness... or am I just stirring an already hot pot?

What would it take for both parties here to buy and sell beer with each other again? Sounds to me like tempers flared higher than normally would have, and if I were a betting man Id say both parties would have done things differently if they had it to do over.

Seems a shame for Hernando to lose a place to hoist a few good ones and for the proprieter to lose customer(s) over a few minutes of hot-headedness... or am I just stirring an already hot pot?

Stir away, good sir. Turn up the heat as well! :D

Paul is my new hero.

Anyway when I first read this thread I thought "hands upon person? profanity yelled at his WIFE... ok yeah someone needs to get harmed physically." And then the sicilian blood left my head and rationally speaking it looks like everyone acted poorly... and everyone isnt necessarily bad people to begin with. Seems like a lousy situation all around.

People in Denver:

we would have immediately left after being treated like that, but my brother in law just ordered and paid for our drinks. Once inside, the waitress did apologize to me again. I calmly and tactfully expressed my feelings of how unpatronizing this was and that regardless of who comes inthe door, people should be treated equally. After 10 minutes and after finally getting our drinks ...

Your BIL paid for and ordered drinks and then you got them 10 minutes later?

Is it common to pay for drinks before getting them in Denver?

Your BIL paid for and ordered drinks and then you got them 10 minutes later?

Is it common to pay for drinks before getting them in Denver?

check came with the first two drinks and yes we waited for the rest after he paid.

He confessed...
Confused; have always had stellar experiences ay this place, and in my experience the owner is a nice guy.

Not taking sides, but surely there must be a detail that we're missing. I can't imagine what would cause them to act like this. Regardless of their justification, it is certainly unacceptable to treat guests like this, and I'd like to know more about this.

I won't go there. Colorado makes me want to punch people.

I also gave them a heads' up. It's only fair to hear both sides and give the restaurant and opportunity to defend themselves, being that the accusation was pretty harsh.

And yes, as of today, the owner is a "member" here. If you notice, it's their only post, and the name is "FC1530" for Freshcraft and their street address.

I think a charity boxing match is in order. The proceeds go to my all grain setup. who can host?

So who wants to fess up for letting Freshcraft know there was a complaint?

I didn't, but I would have if they hadn't already been. Anyway, I would encourage anyone and everyone to go to Freshcraft and experience their service, beer, and food menu for yourselves. It is a regular stop for me, and one of my go to places when I have out of town, beer geek friends to entertain.

riverfrontbrewer said:
I didn't, but I would have if they hadn't already been. Anyway, I would encourage anyone and everyone to go to Freshcraft and experience their service, beer, and food menu for yourselves. It is a regular stop for me, and one of my go to places when I have out of town, beer geek friends to entertain.

Seconded. A great place.

Back