Forced to dry out

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mattmcl

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
This sucks. I started getting sick a MONTH ago, it turned into pneumonia right after Christmas. I've been through two rounds of antibiotics, a couple gallons of codeine cough syrup, a few pallets of Sudafed and Advil and am happiest sitting in the shower breathing steam.

I haven't had a beer in a MONTH. I tried a wee dram of Jameson's last night and that was a mistake. Damn this to hell, I wanna drink!!!

The ONLY good thing is the pipeline. 8 cases bottled, and 4 cases of Apfelwein waiting to be bottled.

Man, I am sorry. That sounds like a rough winter. At least you do have those beers. It will be a nice reward for going through all that hell. Get to feeling better.

A month? Wow, if you're sick to that extent from the same illness for a month I sure hope you're seeing a doctor. Don't worry about the beer, just get yourself well. Best wishes.

I feel your pain brother! We had a great round of family illness between T-day and Christmas. Both of my girls got hammered by H1N1 - one after the other. Ran fevers of 104+ for a week straight. I had it at the same time my youngest one did. It was lots of fun trying to take care of a really sick kid while I was feeling like I was gonna die myself. I felt better for about 2 days, then got pneumonia as a secondary infection after the H1N1. I'm finally feeling almost human again. Celebrated with a few too many pints of Guinness at my favorite bar on the beach last night.

Thanks for all the well wishing. Good to hear there's a light at the end of the tunnel.

Yes, I saw a doctor, not much they can do if it's viral though, just has to run the course. Feeling better day by day.

Wow, that sucks! Get well soon.

I've been battling a drippy-turning-to-bronchitis grossness for a week and a half now- I can't imagine having beer taste flat for a month.

Latest posts

Back