Force carb kegs

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dads brew

Reaction score
Has anyone ever forced carbed on the out post? I just did 20 lbs for two days and it works. Next time i will try one day force carb.

Has anyone ever forced carbed on the out post? I just did 20 lbs for two days and it works. Next time i will try one day force carb.
Oh yeah, definitely done this. If I'm doing the rolling keg technique this works better than the gas post in my opinion. Having the gas come in through the liquid instead of sitting on top makes me think that the bubbles having to travel all the way through the liquid helps a bit with getting it dissolved into solution.

If you carb off the liquid post, you run the risk of beer getting in your gas lines. I've used this method and it's happened to me. Not worth the risk IMO. Carbing off the gas post works perfectly fine.

If you carb off the liquid post, you run the risk of beer getting in your gas lines. I've used this method and it's happened to me. Not worth the risk IMO. Carbing off the gas post works perfectly fine.
Yes I should have mentioned I use a separate CO2 tank that's not hooked up to my main system to do this just in case.

Back