foamy beer... please help!!!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tminmur

Reaction score
I just got a Danby Keg Cooler and had the lines and tower rebuilt. I put in a 1/2 keg of Bud Light in and let it sit for 24 hours. The temp of the cooler is between 38-45 degrees (never the same every time I check it ). Poured a beer and it is all foam. I moved a small bucket under tap and let the beer flow thinking that it just needed to run a bit. Still all foam. Please help. I don't want to waste beer or time with this foam!

tminmur said:
I put in a 1/2 keg of Bud Light
well there's your first problem.... Just kidding

1.What's your serving pressure
2. how long is your beer line

Information like beer line length, beer line diameter, and serving pressure will help diagnose the problem. Typically 10' of 3/16 diameter beer line is recommended with a serving pressure of 9-12psi for your temps.

I am running at 10 psi with a 30" long black 3/16" line.

I'm not familiar with the black line but 30" is way too short. 5' lines are the bare minimum for me and 10'+ is preferred.

Just to be clear, I'm talking about beer dispensing line not co2 line.

I have Danby kegerator. Added 10' beer lines and tower fan from eBay. Set at 14psi and get perfect pours. Need more line.

We are talking 10 FEET??? Really that seems long. But I'm the newbie here so I will try that. Thank you for all suggestions.

Back