Foam in beer line

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

new2brew87

Reaction score
I just kegged my first home brew...I did the force carb at 30 psi and rolled the keg back and forth for 15 minutes then let it sit for a day or two. I tried to pour it at 10 psi and all I got was foam. I did some research and figured that I over carbonated it. I let the keg sit for a couple of days in my keezer and purged it a couple times a day. I still get all foam when I pour it at anything higher than 2 psi. The beer tastes fine and seems to be carbonated just right and pours at 40 degrees. I think the problem is that there is foam in my line. I have a 10 ft line and I believe it is the right diameter (the guy at my local homebrew shop set me up with my keg equipment). I've messed with it for almost a week now and I can't figure out the problem. My keg is almost empty now due to numerous attempts at pouring a nice beer. My daughters bday party is in a month and I have another 5 gallon batch I want to keg but I don't want to waste it. Please help!!!

If it really is overcarbed, just shake the keg like a big beer can and vent it a couple of times to flatten it a bit. Usually, the first beer that I pull has a lot of head because of the temp differential in my tower line. Since its warmer than the refrigerator, the temp change foams the beer in the first glass. I let that glass sit and settle down while I pull the second glass...which I drink first... LOL Hope that helps!

PS. Next time, try 30 psi for about 2 days without shaking and then set your serving pressure to 4-5 psi. 10 psi is too high for my system to perform well.

Back