Fml

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HeruRaHa

Reaction score
Sorry to just rant here, but I found out today my employer is having to lay off a significant number of employees... due to my history with the company, they worked hard to find a way to keep me onboard, but it means taking a demotion and an 18% pay cut. Not an easy thing to stomach when you just found out your wife is pregnant with your second child, and the truck needs replacing.

So I'm just about this close to cracking open the gallon of half-fermented mead in my closet and just drink the whole damn thing tonight... it looks like my homebrew budget is shot to **** for the foreseeable future.

I suppose I should be happy to still have a job in this economy, but I can't shake the desire to go punch someone in the throat over this.

*sigh*. Like a kidney stone, this too shall pass.

When your pipeline runs out, pm me your address. I'll contribute a bomber to the "til you get back on your feet" fund.

Sorry to hear that news, but you are exactly right about being fortunate to still have a job. I've recently just found work again after 14 months of being unemployed and I'm working for way less than what I used to as well.

Things will turn around......Keep your head up and stay positive. :)

I just had the same thing happen to me a few months ago. I took a major pay cut and loss of all of my benefits, and like you all I can say is thankfully I'm still employed. It sucks, especially knowing that you have no control over what some tool in the accounting department decides is best for the bottom line. Just keep your head up, and looking forward, either everything will work itself out, you will find another job, or you'll adjust to the current situation until something better comes along. It wasn't easy at the beginning, especially the whole feeling of being kicked in the balls by the place you dedicated so much of your career, but eventually you adjust to it. And if it helps, you'll find some extra scratch to keep on brewing from somewhere, I mean, who really needs luxuries like full body massages or groceries. Good luck.

And if it helps, you'll find some extra scratch to keep on brewing from somewhere, I mean, who really needs luxuries like full body massages or groceries. Good luck.

"I spend most of my money on beer and women, and the rest I wasted."

Thanks for the words of encouragement, all. Things seem a little less bleak in the light of day. I suppose I couldn't have picked a better time to start saving money by brewing my own, even if it's going to be awhile before I can upgrade my rig...

blah.

i know my words can't help, but put my name on the "when the pipeline runs out i'll send beer" list :)

Latest posts

Back