Florida beer scene advice, please! Panhandle to Orlando

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Edb7

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I called on our HBT members for a Georgia trip in the past and was blown away by the help! I am hoping to achieve the same from any Floridian beer lovers.

I will fly into Panama City, drive across to St. George's Island, and then drive across to Orlando. This will be a two-week trip and I would like to know if there are any "must-sample" breweries while I am in the area, whether we are talking brewery visit or what to grab at the liquor store. Any awesome liquor stores to stop by for local advice / large offerings?

My tastes: IPA and Pales, Stouts and Porters, and Pilsners. Not a fan of 'beers' made with fruit or other random flavors (sorry, Dogfish Brewery.. although your 60-minute is a wonderful beer). Thanks in advance! I'd love to pay it forward to any Chicago-area travelers.

Appreciatively,

Ed

Cigar City Jai Alai and Intuition I-10 IPA are very nice, and Swamp Head Big Nose is pretty good as well. First Magnitude Drift if you like a good Mild. Cigar City's Marshal Zhukov's is an awesome stout, but it's unlikely you'll be able to find it this time of the year.

I have heard Cigar City froma few pals: is their stuff distributed throughout the state? Thanks again

Cigar City Jai Alai and Intuition I-10 IPA are very nice, and Swamp Head Big Nose is pretty good as well. First Magnitude Drift if you like a good Mild. Cigar City's Marshal Zhukov's is an awesome stout, but it's unlikely you'll be able to find it this time of the year.

Cigar City is pretty widely distributed, at least their regular beers like Jai Alai, Maduro (which is also great), etc. I also really like their Cubano Espesso. If you can swing it, their taproom is well-worth visiting, but it sounds like it's a bit out of the way for you. See http://cigarcitybrewing.com/find-ccb-beer/ for their distribution list.

If you are going to Disney World, find the bar in Epcot's Italy. The guy in charge of beer ordering tries to have a craft beer or two there whenever possible.

In Orlando, stop by Redlight Redlight, which is a nice craft beer bar.

Not much when you start getting into the St George Island, Tallahassee area. There is one brewery in Apalachicola, but they really don't make anything that is a must have. Tallahassee has a few spots but again not much to go out of your way to get. I would agree with waiting until you get to Cigar City and spend the most around that area.

Back