Fix Cracked Cooler MT

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ProzHack

Reaction score
So, I'm a total idiot. I bought a 10g round HD Cooler from someone on craigslist. He apparently had a weldless thermometer on it, but patched it up for family picnic usage after he stepped up to a larger MT. What I saw was that it had a nice clean hole (on the outside) and figured I could use a stopper for similar thermometer purposes. Needless to say, after I purchased I pulled off the inside patch to find a large crack extending from said hole. I've been putting together AG and it's been months since the purchase, so it'll be hard to get my $ back. So here's my question: can I fix it? What kind of food safe silicon/adhesives are out there that would work on this and would be safe at high 180 temps? Clearly the guy had it patched, but I don't know what he was using nor if it was food safe. Advice (besides buying a new one. I realize that's my 'best' option.)?

JB water weld will solve your problem. It's NSF approved and heat resistant. I found it home depot.

Latest posts

Back