fittings for kegerator

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jready

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Hello all, I am going to start a kegerator this weekend and wanted to get some input. I will be doing a simple collar on a chest freezer and will be using the kegerator to hold the chilling water for my FTSS cooling system for my conicals. I was looking to get ideas on what fittings I could use for passing the tubing through the collar. should I just drill a hole slightly bigger than the tubing, or is there some sort of fitting I could use that would be more air tight? Thank you in advance for your ideas!

I run gas lines into my keezer using 1/4" MFL-MFL bulkheads like this one.
04C03286.jpg

The ID is 3/16". I'm assuming you're not daisy-chaining your conicals along a single trunk line, so that might be adequate. Otherwise you could use the same idea with a larger diameter bulkhead, as long as you can find mating fittings compatible with your chosen tubing diameter.

Worst-case you could take some straight beer shanks, cut off the faucet ends, drill them out to your desired ID, and use beer nuts on both sides...though I'm sure there are easier ways ;)

Cheers!

I run gas lines into my keezer using 1/4" MFL-MFL bulkheads like this one.
04C03286.jpg

The ID is 3/16". I'm assuming you're not daisy-chaining your conicals along a single trunk line, so that might be adequate. Otherwise you could use the same idea with a larger diameter bulkhead, as long as you can find mating fittings compatible with your chosen tubing diameter.

Worst-case you could take some straight beer shanks, cut off the faucet ends, drill them out to your desired ID, and use beer nuts on both sides...though I'm sure there are easier ways ;)

Cheers!

Thanks for the advice! Those might work. I also do want to keep my CO2 outside so that'll work for it for sure.

Latest posts

Back