First time washing yeast

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hopper77

Reaction score
Was a success! I washed and pitched some 1056 from an amber ale I kegged into my first SMASH beer. 14 pounds 2-row with Chinook hops. I was a little worried but it seems to have taken off. All I did was boil the water and cool it down the. Dumped it in my fermenter and stirred up the sludge and let it sit for 30 minutes or so then drained it into a water pitcher and let it sit again then poured it into some mason jars. Shook up 3 of them and pitched them into my wort. No starter or anything. The yeast was in the primary for 3 weeks before I reused it. It's going like crazy an smells normal. Very excited to start reusing my yeast now. Also started buying grains and hops in bulk. I have 4 jars of the yeast left I can make starters out of. I just saved roughly $30 on yeast. Enough for another batch! I don't know why everybody doesn't wash yeast!

image-1496242668.jpg

image-3116406661.jpg

Latest posts

Back