First time pitching a lager

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

boysbrew2012

Reaction score
So I bought some lager yeast from my local beer store.....not sure how it will turn out but here goes nothing

5 oz 10L crystal
6 lbs LME
2 oz UK Kent Goldings
Simple.....we shall see what happens!!!!!

What strain of lager yeast are you using?

Do you have the ability to chill your wort down below 50*F? Are you set up to control fermentation temperatures, keep them in the upper 40's-lower 50's and then later bring them up 10*F for a few days for a diacetyl rest?

If the answer to those questions is "yes", have fun brewing a lager. If not, you may want to re-think this.

If memory serves me correct I used the San Francisco Lager Yeast....yea this tasted like a lager but was not very impressed...i kept my fermenter on ice for 2 weeks so it worked out. I will wait for another try as I do prefer a good ale. =) Thanks for the feedback

Next time try pilsner or munich extract with some German hops or Mt. Hood, you may be surprised at the difference it makes

Latest posts

Back