First Time Kegging Questions

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

eandersen

Reaction score
So the beer is fermented and its time to rack over to a keg...but of course its my first time and I have a few questions.
I have an EdgeStar 2 Tap kegerator.

The first one relates to my liquid out line. I grabbed at my LHBS a quick connect which is screwed onto a line and then at the other end is what I assume screws into my shank. I'm guessing I just need to pop the top off of my tower, unscrew the brass bolt on there, and screw the other end onto the shank?

The other question stems off of that first one. I'm a bit nervous that the end that should connect to the shank is too small. If it turns out this is the case, can I attach the gas line to get carbonation going without the liquid end attached while I figure out another solution?

I can get some pics up if any of that was confusing.

Yes that is right and yes you can hook up co2without bev lines hooked up just make sure your keg and lines are sealed use starsan or soapy water in a spray bottle spray all connections and you should be fine

"I feel wonderful drinking beer in a blissful mood with joy in my heart and a happy liver"_sumerian inscription 3000 BCE

Latest posts

Back