First time bottling setup

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

supaphly42

Reaction score
pxK61.jpg

Well, that's kind of a lie. I've bottled two batches of Mr. Beer. But this is a totally different process and experience, haha. After a lot of reading, and some thinking and drinking, came up with this setup.

Used the dishwasher to clean and sanitize bottles. Racked from fermenter into bottling bucket, then put bottling bucket on counter. Attached bottling wand, and placed a drip pan underneath (had thought about doing it right over dishwasher, but I would've been dripping on bottles and such). I was able to sit there and grab a bottle from the dishwasher, fill it, and put on counter. It was quite comfortable, and I even filled about a dozen while on the phone. I couldn't put cap on right away on those, but the rest I had a sanitized cap in hand ready as soon as it was full. I went through and actually pressed the caps on in one shot after I was all done.

Got a keg, and will be making the transition to kegging at some point. But will definitely use this setup for future times that I decide to bottle (bottles really are quite handy for bringing places and such). Thanks to all for the good tips I've read on here!

Thanks for posting. I, too, have bottled two Mr Beer batches, and will be bottling my first 5 gallon batch this weekend. Been reading a lot, and was thinking of doing the same basic setup, only I didn't think about the drip pan. Makes sense, of course!

I had the drip pan idea after it dripped a little when pulling first bottle off. Quick math said that a few drips times 50 bottles would make an unpleasant mess, haha.

I don't think we should call it a bottling "wand" anymore. Its too girly. From now on lets call it the beer bottle super gravity injection rod.

Nah wand is short and simple, besides I am secure enough in my masculinity to use a wand.

Nice set-up, looks like a lot of set-ups, I'm sure... but mine has about 800 wet/dry/beer-soaked/wadded towels strewn around. (I make a helluva mess when brewing / bottling). :cross:

Add a sheet of Saran or a plastic trash bag from the bottom of your bucket down over the cabinet doors and under or into your drip pan. Saves cleaning cabinet doors.

bosco

Latest posts

Back