First keg, how long to carb?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Arby

Reaction score
Hey all,

the question is in the title. I recently kegged a batch for the first, and using the chart at http://www.kegerators.com/carbonation-table.php I set the temp of my chest freezer and set the psi on the regulator.

Without using the increase pressure/shake keg method, how long should it take for everything to balance out and the beer to be carbonated?

I've bumped it up to 30 PSI for 3 days then dropped it down to serving pressure for 2 days then it's ok to drink, not optimal but ok. I would let it sit at serving pressure for a couple more days past that for it be good.

- Destin

I just Burst carbed a beer this weekend, 30 psi for 36 hrs @ 34*F, shut off gas, depleted pressure in Keg and the set gas pressure to 8psi. The beer pours good and settles nicely, probably a tad over carbed, but very drinkable. I have another carbing using standard force carbonation methods, 11 psi @ 35*F for about a week, I'm very curious to see the difference in the two. If I Burst carb again I'll only do it for 24hrs, 36 may have been too long.

I just Burst carbed a beer this weekend, 30 psi for 36 hrs @ 34*F, shut off gas, depleted pressure in Keg and the set gas pressure to 8psi. The beer pours good and settles nicely, probably a tad over carbed, but very drinkable. I have another carbing using standard force carbonation methods, 11 psi @ 35*F for about a week, I'm very curious to see the difference in the two. If I Burst carb again I'll only do it for 24hrs, 36 may have been too long.
Hey any update on this? 5 years later lol

Latest posts

Back