First IPA... Delicious! Possible clone

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

casualbrewer

Reaction score
The IPA hasn't been a favorite style of mine.. However I have had a few examples that are more fruity/floral bombs than resinous pine trees... Don't like drinking Christmas trees lol. Upon trying Sierra nevadas' tropical IPA I decided I had to try and make something similar as it is quite delicious. So to the best of my ability the recipe is as follows:
10lbs 2 row
1lb Munich
4 oz honey malt

1 oz Galena at 60
1 oz of mosaic at 5 min
Dry hop with one once each of Amarillo, citra, and el Dorado after fermentation was complete.

2 packets of us05 fermented at 65 degrees.

For some reason I can't upload a pic of this beer... Perfectly clear and delectable. I know it isn't a hop bomb but it is darn tasty! If I change anything it will be to add more dry hops and maybe a touch more honey malt.

Just an update. If anyone is looking g for a good "light" IPA then this is a good one to try! I know it is barely within ipa guidelines but it dang sure is tasty. Juicy hop flavor and with just a little honey malt sweetness with a clean bittering from the Galena. Definitely will brew again.

Back