First fruit beer ruined.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Acyr90

Reaction score
So I made an Irish red (came out good) and siphoned 2 gallons into a secondary to add raspberries to so I could mix it up a bit. 2 weeks pass, I bottle, 3 more weeks pass, and I chill and pop one open.... Tastes like crap and has zero head. I even dumped it down the sink (vigorously) and still didn't get any foaming. The raspberries were from frozen and I heated em in ~150 degree water for a few minutes before putting em in the fermenter. What could be causing this?

Yep, 100% sure. That's the first thing I thought of too but I remember mixing it in.

Also, there were little bubbles constantly flowing up at a normal pace, just no head at all and awful flavor. I only fridged one but ill pop open another one tomorrow to try and better describe the flavor.

After popping open another one the best way to describe the taste is tart/sour with a little fusel alcohol sensation.

Latest posts

Back