First Batch

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GreenhawK

Reaction score
I have my first batch of beer going that came with my MoreBeer.com. Everything went well thanks to this forum and YouTube.

ImageUploadedByHome Brew1401123239.056033.jpgImageUploadedByHome Brew1401123258.794925.jpgImageUploadedByHome Brew1401123273.302666.jpgImageUploadedByHome Brew1401123281.859143.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

:rockin:

What is it?

Are you keeping it cool enough? Likely best in the 60's with the lower the better unless it's a strain that prefers the warmer temp range. It appears as though it's showing the highest temp on the fermometer, but it's very blurry when I enlarge it.

It's a Blonde. It is running about 74degrees. It is warmer than I would like, but that's all I can do unless I can put it in some cool water to cool it down.

It is very active. It has been bubbling steady since the morning after I brewed it.

Do you have a storage bin or even your brew pot to use as a swamp cooler? 74* is likely way too high.

Don't add water to your beer.

I will try to do that this evening when I get home. Thanks for the advice.

ImageUploadedByHome Brew1402501134.097578.jpg

Got my first round bottled last night. Had enough to fill one glass after bottling. I am very satisfied at how it tastes. I have definitely paid good money for worse. Haha.

ImageUploadedByHome Brew1403693820.382466.jpg
Here's my first glass from my first ever batch. It carbonated well, and had a very good flavor. I'm pretty proud of it if I don't say so myself.

Back