First batch error but still okay?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

brewprint

Reaction score
I brewed my first kit a few weeks ago with the Brewers best holiday ale kit. I made a mistake in the beginning when I was steeping my grains. The directions called to add spices later in the primary I believe. Anyway, I put the spices in the steeping grains.

What do you think this will do to the beer?

Currently the beer is on its second week in the secondary. I plan to bottle it this weekend and not drink it for at least two weeks after that.

I did taste it. It was really strong but this was when I was transferring it into the secondary almost two weeks ago. I think it may have also been above what the og was supposed to be. I tried to read it with the container the hydrometer came in but I believe that it was too tight so my reading was incorrect.

Ultimately it shouldn't be bad.

Not sure what the directions told you, but it's typical to leave beer for 3 weeks in the fermentor followed by 3 weeks in the bottle conditioning, and then at least 3 days in the fridge. Follow that and you ought to do OK.

Latest posts

Back