First All Grain Brew

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

c19tun23

Reaction score
Hey guys. I am getting ready to do my first All Grain Brew and was hoping to get some feedback on the recipe I will be using. Any feedback or advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Malts
American Two Row Pale - 10 pounds
Briess Caramel Munich 60L - 2 pounds
Biscuit Malt - 6 ounces
Briess Aromatic Malt - 6 ounces

Hops
Mt. Hood ~ pellet: 1 ounce, boil for 35 min
Chinook ~ pellet: 1 ounce, boil for 20 min

Miscellaneous Ingredients
Whirlfloc Tablet: 1 tablet, boil for 15 min
Cinnamon Sticks: 4 sticks, boil for 10 min
Nutmeg: 2 ounces, boil for 5 min

Looks like some kind of winte warmer? What yeast are you planning on using. At first glance it looks OK to me. Some say that the 20 minute hop addition should move a little later in the boil, or split it and to some at 20 and some at 5 or so. Really though, if you are going more for malt and spices I would probably go with only the bittering addition.

Thanks for the feedback. My goal was to brew a winter warmer that is hoppier than what you would normally find. I had planned on going with Safale S-04 for the yeast.

Thanks for the feedback. My goal was to brew a winter warmer that is hoppier than what you would normally find. I had planned on going with Safale S-04 for the yeast.

If that's your plan than you did a pretty good job with the hop additions. I would leave them as is or maybe move them around a bit depending what quality you want from it.

Good luck and let us know how it turns out. :tank:

Back