Finished Keezer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bredle

Reaction score
photo-5-1024x768.jpg

My newly finished keezer on casters; 4 home-brews on draft at any given time and it works like a champ. For those who are interested, I documented my build here:

http://boykingbrewhaus.com/2014/08/13/my-keezerkegerator-build/

Great job! This looks like exactly what I want to do! I love the keezers that don’t add 50 lbs to the top with coffin boxes and crazy tile/bartop. Your build proves that you don’t need to do that to look professional!

Did you find mounting the hinge brackets difficult at all? That would be my concern. I also like the idea of epoxy for the drip tray. I’ve seen people use extra strength magnets but epoxy seems like a better permanent solution.

Added a DFH cap catch (against a piece of stained oak) and a fan to the inside of the keezer to keep the temperature even. I've been using Eva Dry to try to keep moisture in check, but it doesn't seem to be working. I've ordered another Eva Dry as well as Damp Rid.

I just need to get some tap handles now!

KEEZER-1024x938.jpg

Build documented here: http://boykingbrewhaus.com/2014/08/13/my-keezerkegerator-build/

Great job! This looks like exactly what I want to do! I love the keezers that don’t add 50 lbs to the top with coffin boxes and crazy tile/bartop. Your build proves that you don’t need to do that to look professional!

Did you find mounting the hinge brackets difficult at all? That would be my concern. I also like the idea of epoxy for the drip tray. I’ve seen people use extra strength magnets but epoxy seems like a better permanent solution.

KPR - sorry, don't know how I missed your question. I didn't find it difficult. I had to mount the entire hinge to the collar (unlike some builds where you can mount one portion to freezer and the other to the collar).

Because the collar was secured well using both liquid nails and 8 screws (2 on each side into freezer - which can be dangerous) - the collar is on there tight, which means the lid and hinges are very solid (maybe moreso than the factory build)!

Back