FINALLY have my 3 kegs, ready to add the fittings but.. which ones??

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bajabrewer7

Reaction score
So I have my kegs ready to convert, the thermometer and the sight glass are no problem, what I'm having trouble with is which valves to use? What size should they be? What are the pro's and cons from regular and 3 piece (which I like) I'm also trying to do this weldless.. Any tips?

www.bargainfittings.com

3piece vs 2 piece... not that important... i use 2 piece... the only difference i believe is that 3 piece can be fully disassembled for more through cleaning.

but bargainfittings should fix you up and answer your questions on the site..

i purchased both a weldless ballvalve and diptube from them.. good fast service.

oh yeah .. might help to know if you are going to pump between the kegs or if you are gravity transfer or...?

Edit: San Diego!

Well hello there neighbor! Will be doing gravity transfers at first but most definitely will move to pump within a couple of months, took a look at BF and will order the keg weldless bulkhead kit (x3) with the 3 piece valve, I just think it looks nicer :D

is there a difference if I pump? Thanks!

well.. you might want to get Camlock fittings if you were pumping

versus the Standard Barbed fitting.

Latest posts

Back