Finally decided on a name and logo

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JakeSparrow

Reaction score
After months of thinking of a good name, I found one I liked. I'll call it Hexwater Brewery. No real meaning behind it, just thought it sounded cool. I designed a logo based on the two words in the name (HW). Here's what the logo and basic label will look like. Thoughts are appreciated, cheers!

hexwater.png

Logo is cool, I tend to enjoy the stories behind the names but if it sounds cool to you, go for it.

Thanks! Yah I know, I wish I could come up with a good name/story. I'm good at creative writing, maybe I can just make one up :cross:

Thanks! Yah I know, I wish I could come up with a good name/story. I'm good at creative writing, maybe I can just make one up :cross:

I have no "brewery name" and my beer names consist of "Batch X" Follwed by the style, haha. You are not alone my friend.

John and Ruger, definitely gonna start brainstorming a good backstory. The Legend of Hexwater.

Packerfan, I used a trial version of Illustrator since I no longer have the program. I try to only use vector programs since you can resize the logo and labels to any size without losing resolution and getting pixelated, blurry pictures. It actually didn't take long, once I came up with how the H and W would go together.

Beer Clings - definitely might consider those reusable labels once I get a few "house ales" recipes perfected. Love that idea, so convenient.

And thanks for the kind words everyone, I appreciate it. Somehow I didn't notice I accidentally deleted the two stars on the left of the label, looking very asymmetrical. No idea how I didn't catch that earlier haha.

Jake,

I like it :tank:

I have made labels for all my beers but the first. It's a lot of fun. I too just pick something I like the sound of, that goes with the beer style, and then look for on-line images that go with the name (don't have a lot of [any] drawing talent, but I do think I have a pretty good sense of composition.) I add my own text to the graphics I find. I need to work on a logo however.

Brew on :mug:

Back