Finally can start a thread

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

1fast636

Reaction score
Well thanks to Halifaxhops I am the proud owner of cascade centennial chinook Columbus and willament rhizomes and will keep the tread updated. There chilling in the beer fridge till tomorrow or Thursday
ImageUploadedByHome Brew1399430365.861075.jpg

They have plant stakes on them, makes it a lot easier for me to keep track of and the customer to identify the next year. I have gotten a ton of e-mails with the question can you identify the rhizomes you sold me last year? Since I did that no more questions.

Yea if you look very carefully you can see in on the left side in the middle of the rhizomes the end Of the post with a C showing. Hoping to plant tonight will keep it all updated

Got the beds all but ready still need to make my 2x2 boxes but can do that after, just need to make mixture of my compost, top soil, natural soil should be planted tomorrow. dark showed up alil quicker then I thought
ImageUploadedByHome Brew1399508432.831949.jpg

While enjoying this
ImageUploadedByHome Brew1399508459.275080.jpg

I bought some rhizomes from him as well and almost all of them are sprouting! exciting stuff haha

Well got all the beds done and rhizomes in the four in back

Willamette centennial Columbus and chinook
ImageUploadedByHome Brew1399587680.634498.jpg

Gettin the wood to build my boxes tomorrow tht will go around them to try an keep them contained

Will get a pic of the cascade when I get the trellis up over there in a few

I bought some rhizomes from him as well and almost all of them are sprouting! exciting stuff haha

Lol half the rhizomes were already sprouting bines gave them a nice soak and will let the sun do it's work tomorrow, will do a light watering tomorrow am

So three out of the five already put some one up for me the cascade was already three inches when i planted the rhizome ( that was massive)
ImageUploadedByHome Brew1399930177.897078.jpg
ImageUploadedByHome Brew1399930221.245522.jpg
ImageUploadedByHome Brew1399930247.957236.jpg

While out with dog checked on the two not showing life and sure enough under the mulch layer they got some shouts coming up already can't wait

Made my boxes this evening with the help I the little man, they are 2foot by 2foot and will get buried 7 to 8 inches down to help contain the crowns
ImageUploadedByHome Brew1400203383.677990.jpg

No treatment on them just free wood my buddy had laying around his house, figured when they deteriorate I'll build new ones lol I'm cheap so free is me

Finished my boxes up today turned out better then expected will bury them down this week let me know what you think, next up chicken wire, and eye hooks to string my lines the willament is about 8 inches high now
ImageUploadedByHome Brew1400468370.918320.jpg
ImageUploadedByHome Brew1400468398.777816.jpg
ImageUploadedByHome Brew1400468429.820075.jpg
ImageUploadedByHome Brew1400468474.926987.jpg

Yep will do an x on the pots the. String to the deck which will make growth length 16-20ft depending on how I can get it strung on the boxes if I can get 2 x's (which I think with the amount of eye hooks I got I think I can) I'll get 18 feet of growth, to the deck straight was 12 going x's gives me 2 extra feet on each cross of the x . Stringing in a few days so pics to follow

Update all are growing nicely, topped them with some grass clippings to help with the yellowing they were startin to show, got fertelizer today so they will be getting some food tomorrow getting blood meal and bone meal within the week too

And I would of thrown in some 20' 4x4s or 8x8 and sunk them 4 feet down but the wife is letting me grow them in the back yard so figured I will make it look classy in a sense lol, I have a plan on how to get them to go straight up in the future but we will see for now I'm happy with this set up. Lol

Haven't updated this I'm slacking lol

The dog took out my willamette bine that was growing while chasing a bunny away, but it survived and is coming back now. Centennial is my best grower about 15 bines or so all going strong reached top of my boxes and now climbing to the deck. Columbus lost the tip of a bine and shot out about 10 other bines of the original bine and is growing strong now. Chinook is slow moving but growing fine so just leaving her alone. Cascade is growing but no pics and not going crazy just growing slow like chinook.

Willament back alive
ImageUploadedByHome Brew1405189422.148339.jpg

Centennial
ImageUploadedByHome Brew1405189461.366604.jpg

Columbus
ImageUploadedByHome Brew1405189503.134404.jpg

Chinook
ImageUploadedByHome Brew1405189540.142121.jpg

As you can see I'm playin around with different line set ups I think I'm going to send them all straight next year but we shall see

Latest posts

Back