FIB War Room

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It is getting its fair share of "not surprised" and "bad business model" type remarks from the types of people we all wish would indefinitely-permanently close themselves.
I suppose I’m a little confused myself - what’s th harm in leaving the space shuttered for another 6-9 months? Will they use that space for additional production? Or is it a net benefit, in the end, to just take it off their books entirely? Not to second guess their decision - if they say it’s the right move, it’s the right move. I also don’t do business so what do I know?

I suppose I’m a little confused myself - what’s th harm in leaving the space shuttered for another 6-9 months? Will they use that space for additional production? Or is it a net benefit, in the end, to just take it off their books entirely? Not to second guess their decision - if they say it’s the right move, it’s the right move. I also don’t do business so what do I know?

I have heard anecdotally from some Brewpub investors that the pub was no longer very profitable and they had not received any money as investors for a year or two prior to COVID even.

Many have speculated that FFF wanted to get rid of all of their brewpub investors before building that huge expansion they had planned. One way to do this would be to permanently close the brewpub (which operated as a separate business) and then later make a new brewpub 100% owned and operated by Three Floyds Brewing, LLC. GBH just ran an article as well showing how their sales from distribution to large chain stores is way up since 2016, so maybe just shifting focus?

Someone else looked up their alcohol licenses and said that they are in the process of transferring the license that allows to go/carry out alcohol from the Brewpub business to the Brewery business. Which makes sense if they are closing the brewpub they still want the ability to sell beer to-go.

I have heard anecdotally from some Brewpub investors that the pub was no longer very profitable and they had not received any money as investors for a year or two prior to COVID even.

Many have speculated that FFF wanted to get rid of all of their brewpub investors before building that huge expansion they had planned. One way to do this would be to permanently close the brewpub (which operated as a separate business) and then later make a new brewpub 100% owned and operated by Three Floyds Brewing, LLC. GBH just ran an article as well showing how their sales from distribution to large chain stores is way up since 2016, so maybe just shifting focus?

Someone else looked up their alcohol licenses and said that they are in the process of transferring the license that allows to go/carry out alcohol from the Brewpub business to the Brewery business. Which makes sense if they are closing the brewpub they still want the ability to sell beer to-go.
but hostile corporate shenanigans to screw over investors are so normal

10DAD44A-CE40-42D1-B8B6-3DFFA17D05CF.jpeg

antoniobanderas.jpg

As that thread resurfaced some of the typical JEG stories (eg Wagreens), I thought I’d re-share a couple of my first-hand favorites. Tis the season.

- stopped to listen to me ask a Walgreens employee where they were doing the bourbon county release, then speedwalked past me when we were about 10 feet away from the back of the line (US - Great Lakes - FIB War Room)

- berated a Jewel employee over what the allocations were (US - Great Lakes - Dark Lord 2016)

- got angry I was standing on the wrong side of fencing for a non-moving FFF variant line as people waiting for next tapping (US - Great Lakes - Dark Lord 2016)

As that thread resurfaced some of the typical JEG stories (eg Wagreens), I thought I’d re-share a couple of my first-hand favorites. Tis the season.

- stopped to listen to me ask a Walgreens employee where they were doing the bourbon county release, then speedwalked past me when we were about 10 feet away from the back of the line (US - Great Lakes - FIB War Room)

- berated a Jewel employee over what the allocations were (US - Great Lakes - Dark Lord 2016)

- got angry I was standing on the wrong side of fencing for a non-moving FFF variant line as people waiting for next tapping (US - Great Lakes - Dark Lord 2016)

dont forget the neckbrace at FOBAB so he could get in early. I may still have a picture somewhere.

Impressive use of sourcing here. I recall seeing a video of him and Blum fighting at a Mead release in Florida that I watched at least 60 times.

Thanks to a Beer Temple delivery yesterday, I have now Pokémoned Coffee Eugene.
The Metropolis variant won out for me, though the Dark Matter version is also excellent. Something about the Sip of Hope version didn't click for me, though.

The Metropolis variant won out for me, though the Dark Matter version is also excellent. Something about the Sip of Hope version didn't click for me, though.
I had the first two side by side and agree that Metropolis was more integrated. I'll do them all during the Bears game Sunday.

BTW, I don't think it's a coincidence that the Bears are good again after this beer was released. Maybe make it a September release and it'll be Super Bears, Super Bowl.

Whatever vintage of Blue Island Bourbon Barrel
Lost Weekend I'm soloing is fantastic right now. Happy holidays, FIBs.
This is the beer that made me love barleywine.

Also, I saw JEG parking or trading or maybe he lives around my work and now I'm scared I said his name 3 times.

JEG being JEG and the quote is a lie. Basically last year he tried double dipping a More release. Got caught because rules said 1/household. So they denied his wife(who doesn't even drink beer) bottle when he tried proxying. He flipped out.
Then went on to harass them like the above post for past year. And what's even crazier is that apparently he's friends with the Foreign Exchange owners who are friends with More owners. So last week he has FExchange owners go over with him to More so he can apologize in person. JEG needs the More bottles for his mule groups and can't afford the blacklist.

This is the beer that made me love barleywine.

Also, I saw JEG parking or trading or maybe he lives around my work and now I'm scared I said his name 3 times.
I got a hifi into lost weekend vertical I’ve been saving for something that’ll probably never come while it’s past it’s prime.

Speaking of...

Soloing a 32 oz growler of Lost Weekend seems like a great way to ring in the new year.

JEG being JEG and the quote is a lie. Basically last year he tried double dipping a More release. Got caught because rules said 1/household. So they denied his wife(who doesn't even drink beer) bottle when he tried proxying. He flipped out.
Then went on to harass them like the above post for past year. And what's even crazier is that apparently he's friends with the Foreign Exchange owners who are friends with More owners. So last week he has FExchange owners go over with him to More so he can apologize in person. JEG needs the More bottles for his mule groups and can't afford the blacklist.

this is literally what happened during a release i did a million years ago, i think it was CBS? idk, anyway i did one a one per household limit and a couple walked up and i gave them one bottle, they called me sexist and filed a complaint with Binny's and everything. Eventually ran into the guy at...i think whiskey fest?...years later and we shook hands and water under the bridge

this is literally what happened during a release i did a million years ago, i think it was CBS? idk, anyway i did one a one per household limit and a couple walked up and i gave them one bottle, they called me sexist and filed a complaint with Binny's and everything. Eventually ran into the guy at...i think whiskey fest?...years later and we shook hands and water under the bridge
That guy, ugh.

He was reported on the Beer Advocate bad trader list and then created his new account under Anonymous or something. Not JEG level, but definitely participated in some shitlordery.

That guy, ugh.

He was reported on the Beer Advocate bad trader list and then created his new account under Anonymous or something. Not JEG level, but definitely participated in some shitlordery.

Oh don’t get me wrong: I didn’t say I was wrong to deny him the bottle. Just that it was a bad policy as the reasoning that time.

I picked up a bunch of middlebrow this past weekend. I've only had a couple so far. Layered Crush was really nice, and the By Day (2% abv English Mild?) was also good. Most everything else I got was in the wild/saison categories, looking forward to getting into them soon.

Country Sourdough loaf was amazing per usual. The lacto-fermented chile cheese spread was a great topper.

Sad to hear about Barnaby. Certainly didn’t know him as well as others but knew he was a good dude who will be missed.

he was the first FFF person I met at Sam’s and can still distinctly remember that first interaction. He invited me down to the brewery and that visit ended up becoming immensely important to my professional relationships as well as personal ones.

Gonna try out FFF curbside pickup this afternoon. BA Behemoth was always good. In 4-packs? Definitely in.
damn...i could swear i paid 50 or so for that while in a depression hole back in the fall. also looks like a decent priced BA blot out the sun there too

damn...i could swear i paid 50 or so for that while in a depression hole back in the fall. also looks like a decent priced BA blot out the sun there too
I also bought some of that. And a Gumballhead 12 pack because I was there, might as well. And that boss rocks glass with the wolf in it.

Basically, I impulse shopped curbside.

Back