Festa Beer Belly Kit

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

King_Coaster

Reaction score
I just made one of the Festa Wort In A Bag kits called "Beer Belly" it is a Ltd. Edition run.
The side panel states that it is "A finely blended craft beer using fuggles hops and a blend of lightly roasted grains yielding a light-coloured, easy drinking beer." With the tagline "Watch the Belly"

There is no information on what the expected og/fg and I was shocked to find an og of 1.035 so I am guessing that I am looking at a 3% beer...

With pretty much every Festa kit that I have brewed with the exception of the Light Cerveza I have had an og of 1.050 - 1.054 so that was what I was expecting, and it didn't help that the guy at the Brewer Supply store told me that I didn't need the extra Hi-Maltose Syrup that I was going to purchase jic.

Anyhow, I will see what I get and just throw this out there in case someone else buys this. :(

I guess they call it Beer Belly cause you need to drink the whole 6 gal batch to get a buzz (lol)

You could beef it up with a pound of so of DME and a little extra hops to maintain the balance - assuming there's enough yeast. (I think some of the yeast comes in small packets of 6 or 7 grams - not sure.)

You could beef it up with a pound of so of DME and a little extra hops to maintain the balance - assuming there's enough yeast. (I think some of the yeast comes in small packets of 6 or 7 grams - not sure.)

Or you could just drink this for what it was intended and brew a higher alcohol beer for when you need the buzz. This is a light beer for a nice social outing when you might want to drink several beers and still be safe to drive.

Just transferred it to secondary and it is 3% on the nose. It is light tasting and not that bad but I guess my only gripe was something on the packaging should have mentioned that. I would have bought additives or most likely something different. My in-laws won't drink anything hoppy and literally spit out my IPA so I was trying to make something for their taste (MGD) And in case you're thinking it, no my IPA isn't ****ty my fam likes hoppy beer and raves about my IPA & Simcoe Smash.

I guess it will have to be my beer for Xmas Eve so I am still able to function on Xmas Day. The sacrifices we make...

I just did a search and can find very little information on these kits. Festa Brew doesn't even appear to have a website. It looks like finished wort that you just ferment? If that is the case I would look to stepping it up to a quality kit with extract, some specialty grains and hops. You should get a higher quality beer without having to "beef it up"

Latest posts

Back