Fermomenter accuracy

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SCBrewster

Reaction score
I can probably answer this question myself but assurance from others would be good. I brewed an Oberon clone yesterday and its in my bottling bucket right now. Fermometer is reading around 76-78 degrees not really anything for certain. I have the bucket in one of those storage tubs To help control the temperature. The water in it is 70 degrees and I would imagine it has equilibrated by now. Do these fermometers lose their accuracy after a few uses or do I need to find how to drop this temp soon?

You should have already dropped the temp:)

Mine is usually within a degree. Be sure yours is not in the water or wet, they basically become useless at that point

I'm fairly confident that's what happened because it isn't really even the green or yellow like it usually is. Just a faint blue. I think the fermometer is trashed. If my house is 70 and the water the bucket is sitting in is 70. Even if you add 5 degrees to that it still should be fine I think... But I've been wrong before haha

Latest posts

Back