Fermenting Field Corn?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bathtub_Gin

Reaction score
I live in an area with farms everywhere, we got one you can walk to in fact so we could easily pick some stalks. Remember these are not eating Corn probably, assuming these are field corn used for animal fees, could you ferment them same as regular corn?

The productll probably taste likd crap, but theres a guy who knows a guy that has a still, hypothetically would it yield Vodka using the product from this Field Corn ferment?

Discussing distilling here is against the rules and will get you banned, so to answer your question within the rules, there are some beer styles that use cracked corn. I have made a pre-prohibition style lager with 7# barley malt and 2# flaked corn, it came out great. And to correct your terminology, spirits made from corn and barley mix is whiskey. I suggest you edit your post so a moderator doesn't remove it.

We can't discuss anything to do with "a guy that knows a guy with a still." The illegal production of distilled alcohol is not in the scope of these forums and is generally frowned upon by the owner.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back