Fermenter temp

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

maynardtl8

Reaction score
So after moving into my new house and having my new brew station in my garage organized, I have been monitoring temps in areas of the house as potential fermenting spots and it looks like it might end up being my basement. Its nice and dark, and although slightly cool, holds a pretty consistent temp of 62-64*F. I think i might need to get a warming belt or something to help get the ferm temp up a little. I use a plastic primary bucket and glass secondary carboy. I know the first few days of the ferm will warm it up a few degrees but i need something to control it the rest of the time. Any good suggestions of what to use or good names/suppliers to check out?

holds a pretty consistent temp of 62-64*F. I think i might need to get a warming belt or something to help get the ferm temp up a little.

it is all about the temp of the wort/beer

US-05, Nottingham, S-04 like it cool, at 64 degrees air temp us-05 could be at 70 wort temp in your fermenter

which is at the edge of too high

all the best

S_M

I use ferm wrap on my fermenters in my basement.....the kind you buy from the reptile store. I only need it for 2 months or so in the winter......then in july/august i have to be careful because my basement temp jumps up to close to 70.

fpweeks said:
I use ferm wrap on my fermenters in my basement.....the kind you buy from the reptile store. I only need it for 2 months or so in the winter......then in july/august i have to be careful because my basement temp jumps up to close to 70.

+1 - look for flex watt heat tape (generic) or fermwrap (brand) along with a temp controller.

I'm loving the 59 degree temps in the basement, because I can hold my fermenters at target without refrigeration.

image-444626636.jpg

Back