fermentaTION!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GRBC

Reaction score
took this vid tonight with my phone of a really active fermentation. It looks like time-lapse, but its not. This is a Two Hearted clone.

I pitched a 1 liter starter to which I had added about 100 ml of Bells Ale Yeast slurry that I had washed from another batch in December. After about 48+ hours and no signs of life, I rehydrated and pitched a packet of US-05 (last night). About 3 hours later, I noticed some activity. I think I may have pitched my new yeast, just as my old yeast was getting rolling. Anyway, I figured that the risk of spoilage outweighed the risk of overpitching after 2+ days.

Now I got a yeast extravaganza. I don't remember seeing this much swirling. Have you had one like this?

Last edited by a moderator:
Good question. I'm kind of rolling the dice on this one. My ferm fridge has 2 lagers in the upper 30's in it, so this one is sitting on my basement floor which is mid 60's. The stick-on thermstrip is looking like 68-70 right now, which should be acceptable, but I don't have a way of holding it real constant.

Latest posts

Back