Fermentation time

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

natural

Reaction score
Hey,

I made biermunchers Centennial blonde last Tuesday. It's been in primary for 7 days. Recipe calls for primary 4 days Seco day 5.i made a five gallon batch.

This will be going into a keg and i'm wondering if it will make a big difference if I keg it a day early (tomorrow) instead of Wednesday.

I am having some friends over Saturday and know my other keg is nearly empty and won't last and I want to make sure I get it carbonated in time. I was figuring 2-3 days at 30 psi and adjust and hope it's ready Saturday but if I could get that extra day for carbing I figured it would probably help. I don't know what kind of impact this will have on the beer. It will only be 8 days in primary. The fermentation has stopped. I went from about 1.056 down to 1.010 ish. I forget my OG but I'm down to 1.010. Tastes great.

Opinions?

I keeged the exact same one after 7 days, 30 psi for 48 hrs, dropped it down to 12 psi, tested after 2 days, was good but getting better every day i try it...

I think it's a question of whether you want to serve them your beer or good beer. As Icebob says, I think it may be drinkable, but I've never been satisfied with any beer that young. Even in dog years, that one's still a pup.

Cheers :mug:

Very true. I've been sick for the past week and a half and my edworts haus pale ale has gotten no love. I can't wait to try it now. Thanks for the input!

Back