Fermentation and yeast health question

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

eluterio

Reaction score
I wont bore you with details of how I really dont remember my brew day and everything leading up to yesterday.

I had a lets call pale ale sitting in its carboy for 14 days. During the first 7 I had great fermentation between 66-68 degrees. after it was done it fell off and was sitting at 63 degrees for 7 days. I wanted to make sure to got everything out do I did a drest. I bumped up the temp by using a heater to warm up my converted freezer. Lets just say I was home with sick kids and forgot about it until this morning. 82-85 degrees is where Im reading the temp.

What risk could I get from elevated temp above yeast temp range, off flavors.

Yeast I used was 1056.

Thanks

Most likely none at all, after fermentation is complete temperature really doesn't have much effect as far as creating off flavors. BTW a d rest with 1056 is really not necessary, package it up and enjoy!

Most likely none at all, after fermentation is complete temperature really doesn't have much effect as far as creating off flavors. BTW a d rest with 1056 is really not necessary, package it up and enjoy!

Thanks for the info!

Yeast actually prefer temps in the 90s; we just don't like the products it produces at those temps. The yeast will be fine.

Back