Fellowship of The Homebrew VII: Kegs of Fury

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Want mine?

Not sure if they can be saved but I recently scored this Kegerator with taps and fittings for only $75. Personally, I've never been a fan of decorating with brewery stickers so assuming I can get them off cleanly, I'll gladly send them to you. View attachment 608408
Interesting approach. Start with that longhorn sticker..see how that goes first. [emoji6]

Interesting approach. Start with that longhorn sticker..see how that goes first. [emoji6]
That one is actually a magnet and may actually be the only one I want to keep [emoji38]. I was born in Austin and graduated high school in a suburb just a few miles down the road from there. I have since moved up to Colorado. Despite the fact that I like it a lot more up here, I will always be a horns fan. Hook 'em!

Last edited:
Use Whirlflocc tablets on the boil, it'll drop out the extra protein! BTW, pretty much every retail beer you drink had weevils in the grain.
Ha! If only. I've cooked the little devils before. This was a bit beyond that. The cocoons had actually welded several bins shut. Seriously. My wife and son are both decent brewers, if they could have used the grain right then and there maybe it could have been saved. Son was busy with work and my wife needs an assistant when brewing. She can't lift much. Oh well. Got a new bag of brewer's malt and some more Crystal, etc.

Still time to join if anyone is on the fence. Should be a great round!

Ha! If only. I've cooked the little devils before. This was a bit beyond that. The cocoons had actually welded several bins shut. Seriously. My wife and son are both decent brewers, if they could have used the grain right then and there maybe it could have been saved. Son was busy with work and my wife needs an assistant when brewing. She can't lift much. Oh well. Got a new bag of brewer's malt and some more Crystal, etc.
Interesting. When the brew pub goes up, thinking about storage bin...but no?? Just get fresh?

Brew pub? Need any help? I can be the weevil wrangler.
Who'd thunk that was a thing

Screenshot_2019-02-01-04-25-34.jpeg

Speaking of stickers, anyone know a good AND cheep place to load up on various brewery stickers for the Keggorators?

1 brew kegged 3 more to go then 3 more brews to plan for....time to quit work again.
I just always grab mine from the breweries I visit or craft beer fests. Dont think I've ever bought one

Speaking of stickers, anyone know a good AND cheep place to load up on various brewery stickers for the Keggorators?

1 brew kegged 3 more to go then 3 more brews to plan for....time to quit work again.

I have some extra stickers I can send your way. PM me if you are interested. If you pick me in FotD or this round of FotHB I will be more than happy to include them in the package. If you're in no rush you can wait and see how those picks play out.

Interesting. When the brew pub goes up, thinking about storage bin...but no?? Just get fresh?
I had always kept my grain in a refrigerator, just taking out the big sacks of stuff if I needed ferm space. Then I heard that can encourage mold on the grain. So I quit. I also had the habit of putting the grain thru a deep freeze cycle to kill the bugs. I quit doing that also because my previous spare chest freezer got low on r22, which means it's done. I now have three dead chest freezers headed for the dump. I'm pulling the controls, compressors and any coils I can salvage out off them. And scavenging the refrigerant. Going to attempt a glycol chiller of massively overbuilt proportions.

What happened?
Like I said in the post below, this was meant for another thread but long story short, I was still new to brewing at the time of this beer (a dubbel) and I didn't know what a blow off tube was. Fortunately, I received some great help from homebrewtalk members and was able to pry the lid off EXTREMELY CAREFULLY to release the pressure and rig a blow off.

I later realized that I don't like that style anyway but was at least able to avoid soaking my entire closet in beer.

Like I said in the post below, this was meant for another thread but long story short, I was still new to brewing at the time of this beer (a dubbel) and I didn't know what a blow off tube was. Fortunately, I received some great help from homebrewtalk members and was able to pry the lid off EXTREMELY CAREFULLY to release the pressure and rig a blow off.

I later realized that I don't like that style anyway but was at least able to avoid soaking my entire closet in beer.

I was curious how you were able to release the pressure, looks gnarly! Eeeeek

Fellowship of the Drink - FotD XVI: The Donger Need Beer

-------------------------------------------------------------------
Participation & Offer Status

Active Participants with Offers:
TBC
TwistedGray
JamesonFan
j1laskey
Jimyson
MC82
imasickboy
Fourfarthing
brandtrepair
aharri1
dpinette2
HopsNTails
LoneTreeFarms
baldm79
CtownBrewer
Mullet6577
Louz
Thorrak
orionol73
afro_lou
FoxPaw
MapleGroveAleworks
GaBrewZoo
Jason613
pshankstar
EcuPirate07
Pianoman
jerbrew

Active Participants without Offers:
@wstbrewing
Wrong thread brother

Anyone mind changing the dates a bit? Offers due on 9th but picks are 2 weeks later. Could we shorten that a bit?

I don’t mind moving it up, if it’s ok with everyone. Any issues folks?

I’ll wait till tomorrow. If there are no complaints, I’ll move it up to the 17th.

Back