Fellowship of the Drink II: The Two (beer) Towers

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Great job @thorrak and I think we're all very happy with our prize. Lots of fun round three will be fun. Look forward to my beers. If I can manage to open them. I tend to be a beer hoarder.

I too tend to hoard. But I think in this case I'm going to make a point to enjoy mine over the holidays.

Thanks for setting this up and letting me participate Thorrak. I'll do my best to make sure I do as good a job with round 3.

That was great. I would have been happy with any of my top 6-9. It came down to glassware and "throwing darts".

I'll probably change it up for next round. Lots of great beer locally.

For you guys that want a chance at some Troeg's, I'll keep offering them up every FOTD.

I had my eye on the Troeg's offers. It was just so hard to rate all these offers. Lol. Oh well maybe next time.

I got mine boxed up and will ship it out on Wednesday(need to go ice fishing tomorrow).

I'll switch it up a little next time. I live close enough to a lot of the new england hype breweries that I can always get stuff from them. But there's a lot of really good lesser known super local breweries too. I think I'll try to keep that balance again, just with new breweries.

I'll switch it up a little next time. I live close enough to a lot of the new england hype breweries that I can always get stuff from them. But there's a lot of really good lesser known super local breweries too. I think I'll try to keep that balance again, just with new breweries.

Yours was #1 on my list, maybe next time.

You should participate in the Local Only Trade thread, good way to get those lesser known locals out there.

Link in my below.

Mine is all boxed up and going to be shipped out today. Would have been shipped yesterday but had to work OT. Is anybody sending through USPS? Have any troubles with them before? Have a UPS in town would they be better...Thanks again Thorrak for putting this together. Already have some beers in mind for rd. 3 and hope to have a couple of samples from friends brewery, New Jersey's newest brewery Icarus Brewing co.

Mine is all boxed up and going to be shipped out today. Would have been shipped yesterday but had to work OT. Is anybody sending through USPS? Have any troubles with them before? Have a UPS in town would they be better...Thanks again Thorrak for putting this together. Already have some beers in mind for rd. 3 and hope to have a couple of samples from friends brewery, New Jersey's newest brewery Icarus Brewing co.

The popular thing to say is that shipping via usps is illegal while shipping via ups or fedex is only a violation of their policy. That said, when shipping small packages... The usps flat rate box is too appealing a deal for me to pass up and I have not been caught yet.

The popular thing to say is that shipping via usps is illegal while shipping via ups or fedex is only a violation of their policy. That said, when shipping small packages... The usps flat rate box is too appealing a deal for me to pass up and I have not been caught yet.

I know that USPS does box check sometimes. My local PO clerk would mention some of the things I was shipping (collectible sales) even though I never told him what was in the box.

That being said, I've shipped 95% of my boxes USPS, without any problems. Knock on wood.

I know that USPS does box check sometimes. My local PO clerk would mention some of the things I was shipping (collectible sales) even though I never told him what was in the box.

That being said, I've shipped 95% of my boxes USPS, without any problems. Knock on wood.

Ruh-roh, my mailman can smell beer a mile away. I may end up with empty bottles. Lol

What are you guys telling them your shipping? I said gifts then he still kept asking questions

What are you guys telling them your shipping? I said gifts then he still kept asking questions

I didn't say anything... for the first Fellowship I Pre-Packaged and Printed FedEx Label at home, grabbed plastic pouch for label and applied it to package at FedEx, then placed it on the counter without a single word spoken, except "thanks".

I'm actually cool with my local PO, be surprised if there are any issues.

Thanks to all involved, especially Thorrak!
Box for Afro_Lou dropped off at FedEx today!

Woohoo!!! Can't wait to get it!

My offer is going out soon, work just got crazy this week. I'll try to have it out Friday, if not, definitely Monday. Sorry for the delay!

I didn't say anything... for the first Fellowship I Pre-Packaged and Printed FedEx Label at home, grabbed plastic pouch for label and applied it to package at FedEx, then placed it on the counter without a single word spoken, except "thanks".

This. I use a FedEx account at home and print the details there and just drop off at the location. I stick around to get a received receipt.

This. I use a FedEx account at home and print the details there and just drop off at the location. I stick around to get a received receipt.

I always ask for a receipt as well. Do you mind if I ask how much FedEx charges for your box?

While the beer in the glass isn't from @TBC , the rest are. Thanks -- Have these in the fridge now chilling, and am looking forward to popping some open tomorrow!

2016-12-14 22.24.14.jpg

Back